Dalai Lama Teachings Retreat Tour in Dharamsala, H.P, India
31st september – 9th October, 2017
His Holiness will give four days of teachings on Chandrakirti’s Entering the Middle Way (uma jukpa) at the request of Taiwanese.
For details about the teaching:-
http://illuminationofthetruethought.com/download/The-Illumination- of-the- True-Thought- 8.8.16.pdf
Journey to Dharamsala Retreat Tour while attending Dalai Lama Teachings:
We design guided tours, trans-formative retreats, and attending the teaching, a delightful combination of all!
Where we Go?
- India (Delhi – Dharamsala – Taj Mahal)
- Teaching at Dharamsala
Trip at a Glance
- 30 th Sept 2017– 9 th October, 2017
- Escorted by LTT Tour Teacher and Tour Guide.
- Guided tour to the Taj Mahal at Agra (one of seven wonder of world) & exploring the local sightseeing at Dharamsala.
- Limited to 15 guests
- You will spend 10 days together, participating guided retreat tour with the experience Buddhist master. This 10 days retreat tour will be taking place in and travelling to the India.
- Rejuvenating with daily morning meditation session; introduction on mindful meditation, partaking in Green tara prayer for removing the obstacle in your life.
- Wake up to the steaming cup of cleansing Tibetan medicinal herbal tea.
- Every Evening discussion with tour teacher.
- Pilgrimages to monasteries a from various Tibetan Buddhism sects
- Hear the Tibetan horns—or dharma trumpets—being blown in the pre- dawn hours
- Receive a blessing from the holiness.
- Some wonderful happens when people come together and share their experiences.
- This is why we choose to have some specific start dates for our groups rather than open dates where people can come and go without experiencing the caring, funny and wise bonding that happens when you create a dedicated group space for this unfold.
Itinerary at a Glance
Arrive in Delhi
Meeting with all groups
1 st October:
Delhi day tour Taj Mahal
2 nd October:
Fly from Delhi to Dharamsala
After lunch Welcome and Introductory talk by Tour teacher
3 rd October to 6 th October:
Attending the teaching & evening teaching review,
discussion with tour teacher.
7 th October:
Fly from Dharamsala to Delhi.
9 th October:
Shopping in Delhi before evening flight home
The 14th Dalai Lama Teachings
“This is my simple religion. There is no need for temples; no need for complicated philosophy. Our own brain, our own heart is our temple; the philosophy is kindness.
-His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama
His Holiness the Dalai Lama is one of the most beloved and recognized leaders of our time. He is the spiritual leader of Tibet, but his presence and impact is known worldwide as a statesman, spiritual teacher, and theologian. Also known by his given religious name, Tenzin Gyatso, he is the fourteenth person to be recognized as a Dalai Lama.
What is a Dalai Lama? As written on his office’s official website, “The Dalai Lamas are believed to be manifestations of Avalokiteshvara or Chenrezig, the Bodhisattva of Compassion and the patron saint of Tibet. Bodhisattvas are believed to be enlightened beings who have postponed their own nirvana and chosen to take rebirth in order to serve humanity.”
The 81-year-old self-proclaimed “simple monk” has dedicated his life to the service of humanity, promoting a universal “religion of human kindness.” As a spokesman for the peaceful and compassionate resolution of conflict, he promotes love and compassion on a global scale, and urges all beings to create their own happiness.
Early bird price of USD $1150 per person–save $110 when you register
before 15 th Sept, 2017.
USD $420 extra for your own room
|DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION||New Delhi / New Delhi|
|PLACES COVERED||Delhi, Dharamshala, Taj Mahal Agra|
|TIME||Full time tour|
|WEAR||Comfortable warm clothings, gloves and sunscreen.|
His Holiness the Dalai Lama gives teachings throughout the year at various times and in different places. His Holiness also gives public talks. In India, teachings and public talks are usually free and open to the public. However, to attend teachings and public talks outside of India one usually is required to purchase a ticket. The proceeds from the ticket sales are used to cover the costs of the venue and other expenses related to His Holiness’s visit.
His Holiness the Dalai Lama teaching at the Main Tibetan Temple at the request of a group of Korean Buddhist in Dharamsala, HP, India on August 27, 2013. (Photo by Tenzin Choejor/OHHDL)
His Holiness gives teachings at the Main Tibetan Temple (Tsulagkhang) in Dharamsala several times a year and they are officially translated into several languages including English, Chinese, Korean, Vietnamese, Hindi and Japanese on FM channels. During the winter months in India, His Holiness often visits Bodh Gaya or some of the Tibetan settlements located in south India where he also regularly gives teachings.
His Holiness also gives a number of empowerments and initiations throughout the year, usually coinciding with his teachings. The Kalachakra Initiation is a complex and extensive initiation, which His Holiness has given 34 times up to 2017. However, His Holiness has always stressed the importance of practitioners attending the teachings rather than the initiations or empowerments in order to allow you to better understand the philosophy of Buddhism.
His Holiness also gives a number of public talks on topics that are close to his heart. Public talks, lasting about an hour followed by a question and answer session are popular on his foreign trips and are usually sold out soon after tickets go on sale.