The trek to Stok via Matho Phu takes around 5 days. The trek begins in Leh, the base most trekkers choose for their onward journey. Throughout our entire journey we will explore villages, monks, people and villages.
At first we drive from Leh to Martselang. And from here we trek to Chogdo. From Chogdo we take an untraveled path. This path takes you through a less travelled road that leads to valleys and mountains. We camp at 4600 m and the entire trek takes 6-7 hours. The next stop at Gyuncho La is a plateau with beautiful mountain sceneries all around.
From Gyuncho La, we trek to Shang La that is located at 4800 m. The sceneries surrounding this place are breath taking. The river next to this destination is Tokpo River. We trek through this place and reach our next destination Matho Phu at 4350 m.
From Matho Phu we hike towards Matho La. The Zanskari ranges are seen in the background. From there we travel downwards to Jingchan river. The views of Stok summit and Stok Kangri are extremely beautiful. From here we trek to Mankarmo, and then drive to Leh.
|LOCATION||Ladakh, J&K, India|
|BEST TIME||Mid June to End of September|
|DURATION OF TREK||05 Days|
|HIGHEST POINT||Matho La (4820 m)|
|FOCUS||Monasteries, Monks, People Villages|
|HIGHLIGHT:||Remote villages, High mountain Passes|
|PHYSICAL CHALLENGE||Moderate overall|
|WEAR||Comfortable trekking clothing, trekking boots, hat, jacket -+-and sunscreen.|
Day 1: Leh to Martselang to Chogdo (3-4 Hrs)
After Breakfast drive to Martselang and start trekking to Chogdo. Overnight in Camp.
Day 2: Chogdo - Gyuncho La (4600 m) - Camp at 4350 m in 6- 7 h.
From now on, we will follow a new and rarely traveled route through the valleys to the east of our objective. Today, we turn towards the west into a tributary valley that leads after a long and gradual ascent to the Gyuncho La. We descent a few meters bellow to establish our campsite.
Day 3:Camp at 4350 m - Shang La (4800 m)- Matho Phu (4350 m) in 6 h.
Today, we will cross many spurs and minor passes with occasional views northwards towards the Indus Valley and the peaks beyond. We climb up to the Shang La and then descend to the Tokpo River. Afterwards we will trek downhill to a nice camping place.
Day 4:Matho Phu - Matho La (4820 m) –Mankarmo (4500 m) in 4-5 h.
At the pass, colorful prayer flags flap in the wind, with the Zanskari range in the background. Afterwards, we descend steadily along the Jingchan River. We get great views towards the Stock summit and the Stock Kangri (6121m). Overnight in Camp.
Day 5:Mankarmo to Stok to Leh
Morning after the breakfast walk down to Stok and drive to Leh.
From $ 980 for more than 6 person,
$ 1200 for 2 people.
What is included in trek cost?
- Accommodation in best tourist category hotels as listed or similar during tours.
- Flight to and from Delhi – Leh – Delhi.
- All the meals including evening Tea.
- All transfers and sightseeing with entrance fees.
- Cook, Helper and English Speaking LTT local guide.
- During the trek: Fully organized trek with all meals, and beverages. All trekking gears including Tents, Thermal mats, Blow pillow, Hot-water bag for warmth during night. Pack animals to carry luggage and additional riding pony for emergency, Basic Medical Kit. Trekking staffs include Guide, Cook, assistants and horseman.
- Sleeping bags can be borrowed ! (cleaning charges will apply)
What is not included in above cost?
- Any Kind of Personal Expenses or Optional Tours / Extra Meals Ordered /Phone calls
- Anything which is not specifically mentioned under the head “Prices Included”.
- Tips and gratuities (optional).
- Any Kind of Drinks (Alcoholic, Mineral, Aerated)
- Travel/Medical and evacuation Insurance – purchased separately